Today everyone wants to shop on the internet as it’s very easy and convenient after the innovation of the concept of e-commerce payment gateway. The Internet has held the entire market of mostly all the areas as transactions are made more accessible than before and payment done through online gateways is the best and safest.
Definition of E-Payment Gateway
This gateway is the tool of the e-commerce website which confirms online payments for the merchants, electronic enterprises, mortar agencies etc. This Electronic payment system is consistent and secured which connects to the applications of e-commerce or in-house payment mode, for example, the networks which are selected for processing credit cards or banking through online mode.
E-commerce payment gateways functions as the intervening medium between the customer and the seller, through which the customer’s payment is securely transferred to the seller’s bank accounts. You can consider this E-payment gateway as the virtual replica of the available point of sale which is located mostly in all the showrooms and shops.
How does E-commerce payment gateway work?
E payment gateway has an important role in processing the transactions and also authenticated payments transferred to the sellers by the customers. All the valuable inputs or details relating to the payments are encrypted by the e-commerce payment gateway. They confirm that the relevant and required information is passed with safety between the seller and the customer.
The following are the steps which demonstrate how payment gateways work:-
1) The customer places the order of any product by clicking the buy now or add to cart option.
2) Then the details of the order placed is sent through the e-payment gateway by the merchant. After this, the transaction is sent to the required bank or the secured page where transaction authentication is requested.
3) The payment is either accepted or declined after the authentication process depending upon the availability of funds in the customer’s bank account or through any problem in the customer’s Master, Visa, Credit or Maestro Cards.
4) A message is sent to the merchant about the transaction history.
5) Once the payment is cleared by the banks and the e payment gateway, then it is settled with the merchant.
The three crucial parts that matter while making e-commerce payment gateway for any agencies are authorization, settling and reporting.
If you want to build a trustable website then you have implemented best E-commerce payment gateway to power up your store online. You can receive online payment from customers all over the world without any hassle.
Bounce rate (sometimes confused with exit rate) is an Internet marketing term used in web traffic analysis. It represents the percentage of visitors who enter the site and then leave (“bounce”) rather than continuing to view other pages within the same site.Bounce rates can be used to help determine the effectiveness or performance of an entry page at generating the interest of visitors.
1. Improve your content’s readability: One cause that your target client might quit your site is a lack of readability. User experience begins when your content is readable and legible.Use short & simple word with proper typography & formatting.
Here are some ways to improve your content’s readability:
- Appropriate use of headers
- Frequent subheadings
- Suitable images
- Bulleted lists
2. Avoid popups: In 2013, 70% of users said that they found irrelevant popups to be annoying. That probably hasn’t changed – most people still hate pop ups.
3.Optimize page load time: According to data from Radware, a connection speed delay of just 500 milliseconds can result in an increase in “peak frustration” of more than 26%, and a decrease in engagement of 8%.Further, slow-loading pages are among the leading causes of shopping cart abandonment for ecommerce retailers. Amazingly, only 2% of the world’s leading 100 ecommerce websites have mobile sites that load fully in less than five seconds on mobile devices – and one-fifth take almost eight seconds to load completely, an almost criminally long time for sites that live and die by conversion rate optimization.
4.Use sidebar widgets and promotions sparingly: Ecommerce pages are an ideal vehicle for offering relevant content, offers, and other material to your audience.However, cramming the digital margins of your content with ads, offers, award emblems, and other crap is a surefire way to overwhelm your visitor and tempt them to bounce.
5.Target Keywords With High-Value Traffic: Keywords can make or break your content marketing campaign. If you want to improve search performance, start targeting high-value keywords, because that’s where the high-value traffic is.
Source:neilpatel.com , wordstream.com
E-Commerce sector is so huge and the business industry needs a suitable platform for reaching more audience. Android and iPhone both are ever escalating platforms that people are using at a larger scale.
1. 24*7 visibility to your customers:
In a survey, a figure has been come out which states that around 60% business strategists have developed mobile apps for their respective industry sectors. If you want to target a larger audience then you should quickly move towards app development.
2.Mobile ecommerce apps boost customer loyalty:
People who decide to download your mobile app at first show a higher level of investment in your brand. They come ready to buy, while mobile site visitors mostly access your store to check details or look up contact information. In addition, customers spend three to four times more hours in apps than on mobile sites, and access them intentionally.According to research by Criteo, mobile app users are twice as likely to return to your store within 30 days compared to shoppers who access your website in a mobile browser.
3.Decrease response time:
A major concern for any internet user is how fast a website or an app performs. The time required for a mobile app to complete an action is significantly lower than for a website because applications store their data partially on a mobile device.In addition, users are able to set their default preferences in apps, which lets an app load only the content that the customer wants. This allows users to be more proactive and save time.
Source: agileinfoways.com ,rubygarage.org
E-commerce (electronic commerce or EC) is the buying and selling of goods and services, or the transmission of funds or data, over an electronic network, mainly in the internet.
The e-commerce website is meant to be an option to the physical retail stores for selling products.If you are a business entrepreneur and have products or services to sell over internet,then you must have an e-commerce website.
Open-source software (OSS) is computer software with its source code made available with a license in which the copyright holder provides the rights to study, change, and distribute the software to anyone and for any purpose.Open-source software may be developed in a collaborative public manner. According to scientists who studied it, open-source software is a prominent example of open collaboration. The term is often written without a hyphen as “open source software”.
Here we are discussing about 4 best free open source e-commerce software.
1.Magento Open Source: Magento gives it open source users all the basic tools they need, saving some of the more powerful, optional tools for paid versions.It has the ability to manage multiple stores.It includes support for multiple languages.Besides it offers extreme scalability and flexibility.Magento Open Source is flexible, capable, and, – in the hands of the right person/team, can create a beautiful, functional website for all manner of retailers.
2. OpenCart: It is the perfect choice for a small business without any tech savvy employees.If you’re really looking for a simple solution that is easy to set up, this is it.There are numerous themes &plugins available, allowing you to customize your store.
3. osCommerce: osCommerce is one of the oldest names in eCommerce software.There are a variety of plugins available, allowing you to customize your store.There are more than 7,000 free integrations for the software, and a huge active community working on and providing support for it.
4. PrestaShop: It is a PHP-based platform based on the Smarty engine, and it comes with loads of integrated features.It has thousands of modules and templates to add on to the core functionality.It offers full backend support to allow you to manage inventory, shipping, customers, etc.PrestaShop also has reporting capabilities, such as unique Intelligent Merchant KPI feature and forecast ability.
osCommerce stands for open source commerce. It is an e-commerce and online store-management software program.It allows for free and easy creation of workable and user friendly eCommerce sites. We can use it in any web server that has PHP and MySQL installed. It is available as free software under the GNU General Public License.
The software is written in what is called object oriented code.There are currently two releases of osCommerce. Versions 2.3 (stable) and 3.0 (in development) are developed as two independent programs, and as such do not share code.This software suite includes templates.These are pre-created e-commerce designs that allow for quick and easy creation of a functional site.
The advantages of osCommerce
osCommerce is one of the most dynamic open source e-commerce solutions available.
osCommerce makes a site which provides easy ordering, a variety of easy, convenient payment options and ease of shipping.
osCommerce has a huge list of features and is probably the most versatile shopping cart solution.
osCommerce offers vast range of customization choices for the on-line storefront owners depending on their need at a very affordable price.
osCommerce is a complete online store solution that contains both a catalog front-end and an administration tool backend, which can be easily configured over web.
The disadvantages of osCommerce
The major disadvantages of osCommerce is that, there is no inbuilt ways to password protect the administration area of OsCommerce .
It is not template driven.So, changing the look of the website is not so easy or flexible as compared to a template driven solution.
The major disadvantage of osCommerce is that if any kind of customization is required, it can take time to change the code without the help of the developer.
If any kind of customization is required ,it can take time to change the code without the help of the developer.
It has a very limited attributes system.
Today for any retail business it becomes a brand identity for having a website.When setting up an e-commerce site there are many features to think off to have on your site, below are few must have features to relay ensure that your e-commerce website is fully equipped for online sales.
- Simple Categorized Navigation
- Show the advantages of Your products
- Catalog Feature
- Product Detail Feature
- Fast and Accurate Search Feature
- Reviews and star ratings
- Reliable Payment Gateway
- Customer Support
- Shopping Cart, Login Box
- Customer Focused Content
- High Quality Images
- Simple, Clean and Effective Design
- Simple Checkout Functionality
- Website Security