Mobile phones have become that indispensable object in all our lives, that one simply can’t deny the impact of mobile phones and mobile apps, for that matter, on our day-to-day lives. In fact the way things are shaping up, mobile apps are set to have an influence on future as well. The development and use of mobile applications is a very rapidly growing field. It is not surprising, if you take into account the staggering numbers by which the smartphone users have been growing at any given point of time.
Mobile phones are such an “all-in-one experience” that their lure is basically unmatched. It offers to connect you, inform you, empower you, provide for you and entertain you. The list actually goes on and on. Everything with the benefit of being super handy and “mobile”, smartphones have changed the way we approach anything in our daily lives. The amalgamation of convenience and innovation with mobile apps is simply amazing for the users.
So let’s take a look at some of the key developments with respect to the area of mobile phone applications:-
Google’s AMP program: A great step forward, this program AMP (accelerated mobile web-pages) from google aims to speed-up the loading of webpages on mobile devices and hence reduces the bounce rate quite significantly. This is quite useful from the digital marketing and SEO point-of-view and helps publishers get more visitors and improved ad visibility.
Mobile e-commerce: The mobile phone users are clearly dominating the desktop and laptop users on the internet. The mobile interface is definitely the preferred interface for the majority of users now and hence businesses and entrepreneurs have learnt to utilize and monetize on the shifting tides of technological advancements, by making themselves available where the consumers are. Not just purchases but payments are made easier and faster with the use of mobile application features like net-banking, phone-banking or various payment gateway integrated applications.
Security of applications: The mobile applications that everyone is adapting to depend upon in various walks of life, need to be as secure as they are useful because everything being online actually makes so much of data and information quite vulnerable for potential attacks. Hence, mobile applications need to ensure they take care of the security protocols since very early-on in their developmental stage.
Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality: Earlier seen as an amusing technology of the future or straight out of sci-fi movies, AR & VR have actually become a thing of prominence and significance in the world of mobile-apps technology. The kind of immersive experience that these technologies offer are simply unparalleled and these technologies are sure to impact more of the user-experience with various applications. For example, Users can scan their faces using front-cameras to check-out sunglasses that suit their face-shape and size!
Artificial Intelligence in mobile applications: By utilizing top-class algorithms, Machine learning and analytics, AI is being and will be used to provide better insights to certain organizational processes and outputs.
The cloud-server utility: The cloud-servers have proven to be so useful for now so much of data can be accessed over the cloud, reducing the unnecessary usage of phone-memory or space. Cloud computing is now basically integrated completely with the world of mobile applications, directly influencing the way users are interacting with the mobile applications.
So globally, the shift in the type of mobile applications being used, has been evident. From basic apps to applications that can do so much more, mobile applications are shaping how our way into the future.
C++ is a computer language which has managed to stay in use in present times, since more than 40 years of being developed as an improvement over C language. Often heralded as one of the hardest programming languages, it has somehow evolved a lot in all these years of being used and is much more dynamic now. The purpose of the C++ language is pretty general where it can be used to design and build applications. Certain improvements that were brought to the table by C++ over the original C language can be noted as object-orientation, namespace features, handling of error and expectation, overloading of the operator, etc.
So, despite so many new languages having been developed over the years for different functionalities and features, what helps make the C++ popular even now? Let’s understand them:-
- Rich library support: C++ offers convenient code writing as it has a rich library support (Standard Template Library). This STL has a lot of available functions. This is kind of library that is evolving continuously, with efforts being made into keeping it an ever-evolving set.
- Better speed: One might argue that C++ codes require compiling into low-level codes and then are executed. But The compilation and execution of C++ is still much faster when it comes to programming languages. Hence, C++ is definitely preferred when the speed is a crucial perimeter.
- No dependency on the platform and machine: C++ is definitely very convenient as it is a machine-independent language where same piece of code can work in different environments. Hence, no matter if you need to switch the systems and transfer the code to another machine to work, C++ will not throw a fit.
- Object Orientation: C++ is an object-oriented language, where the focus is on the object and all manipulation and working is done around the object. The real-time queries are easily executed, which are based on methods like data abstraction, inheritance , etc.
- Code-reusability: Due to its object-orientation, C++ utilizes its inheritance feature to facilitate re-using of the code and saves from having to re-write original code. This overall helps to save a lot of time, energy and efforts.
- Code-flexibility: Due to the special flexibility that C++ provides to its codes using the polymorphism feature of object-oriented programming, the programmer doesn’t need to writing separate functions for each object and rather use the same function to work with many objects.
- Easy-to-modify: C++ is such an easily modifiable language where the code can be modulated easily to fix any bugs or add any new features- as per the needs. Such a code is hence much clear and easier to understand as well.
- Data-privacy: C++ offers a feature to hide the data that might require more privacy or safety from getting out to unwanted access. The programmer can opt and decide for which portions of the data they would need to hide and which ones, not, so that essential information can be presented with clarity and secret information can be kept safe.
Overall, C++ enjoys a huge user-base, with so many developers working as a support system to fellow C++ coders. And with its ever-evolving nature, and new features being added this language isn’t losing its popularity with developers and coders and soon.
If you are an active user of the internet or even fairly frequent on the internet, one term must have come across many a times- VPN. But most people go on about their regular internet usages without putting much thought into what a “VPN” is, like several other tech-savvy jargon they hear and ignore on a daily basis. Let’s change that and take a look at what is a VPN and what is it all about.
A Virtual Private Network or VPN for short, is meant for the particular purpose of securely extending a network from one private location and enabling its users to connect to other networks securely. What are the most common utilities that come with a VPN? Let’s take a look at few instances that are actually quite common and relatable nowadays. We know about the often imposed internet censorship in different regions in the world where authorities restrict the access to certain contents or/and websites. Or that “rumour” that the government is always tracking everyone’s browsing activity or the fact that there is actually a threat to privacy invasion from random people looking to exploit. Well, a VPN can help you in all these instances and more. It’s no surprise the VPN market is on the way to grow bigger and bigger.
Read also: Advantages of using LESS
So, let’s have a look at some more benefits that a Virtual Private Network offers:-
- Maintaining privacy and anonymity from ISPs- Internet service providers are pretty keen on tracking their subscribed customers to try and monetize on the browsing patterns by various means such as targeted advertisement, etc. These providers also tend to sell this data to third-parties who can further misuse this information. Using a VPN, such invasion of privacy can be avoided.
- Accessing shopping websites from different regions- The VPN can allows you to access shopping websites, which are otherwise inaccessible due to region-based restrictions.
- Staying protected in public wi-fi- We all often tend to connect to the free wi-fi at public places like hotels, restaurants, shopping malls, railway stations, etc. But in doing so, we are actually getting connected to an unsafe network where we are exposed and so is our private data and credentials. A VPN comes handy at such times by masking our identity, making us anonymous and keeping our personal data private and unexposed.
- Prevention from hackers- As we discussed already, VPN masks the IP address and hence the identity of an individual connected to a certain network. Hence, any hacker trying to target your network via your IP address will be thrown off as they simply can’t reach your home network.
Read also: Use of blockquote in HTML
To sum it up, a VPN has a lot of pros as it provides us with a secure encrypted network, disguises our location data, helps in accessing region-restricted content and also secure data transfer to prevent any confidential data leaks. Although there are numerous VPN services available today, but like every other technology, some are good, some bad and some ugly. So, one should do their fair share of research and use the right VPN for enjoying all the benefits of a VPN without compromising with the security.
Over the years, security concerns have gone up regarding any data and digital attacks have rather become commonplace. Hackers and piracy are everywhere targeting valuable information, posing a serious threat to the businesses. Now, we have seen that in recent times, videos and live video-streaming have seen such a boom that every modern business uses this digital tool for connecting to their consumers. There are several varieties of live-streaming that act as a great opportunity and marketing tool to reach a large audience base. So how can this process be made secure and safe from unwarranted attacks!! Although there are actually several protocols and methods developers try to follow to protect your videos with a secure live streaming solution, let’s take a look at the best seven ways to do so:
- Advanced Encryption Standard Encryption->
Advanced Encryption Standard or AES encryption method is used to encode the information that can be only viewed by authorized users. In this encryption method, a special key is used, without which the video can’t be viewed. This is a very simple and easily implemented process.
- HTTPS Delivery->
Whenever a user uses an open network at a public place, they are prone to certain attacks by hackers looking to steal data that is being transmitted to such users. HTTPS Delivery utilizes HLS encryption to prevent such attacks by using digital certificated and encryption keys.
- Password-Protection of Videos->
As simple as the name suggests, this method simply uses a password being set for the video. A user needs to have the correct password in order to be able to watch said video content. It is an effective method despite its simplistic nature. Keep changing the password from time to time and stay ahead of any leaks or risks.
- Secure video paywall via SSL/TLS->
A secure video paywall that uses SSL/TLS encryption can protect the user’s payment information from being stolen while also allowing you to monetize the video streaming and accept multiple currencies and cards.
- IP Restrictions->
IP restrictions or geographical restrictions are a good option for content that is meant to be targeting audience from selected regions by allowing you to block certain “risk-zones” that usually generate most of the data-theft attempts.
- Referrer Restrictions->
Referrer restrictions are pretty useful as they allow only selected domains to stream the videos and restricts playback on any other unauthorized website.
- Content Delivery Network->
Content Delivery Network or commonly known as the CDN is a network of servers that runs secure video data centers to store the video files online. A live-streaming CDN enables the video content to load faster. Online video platforms that use a CDN are very effective against several kinds of attacks and also offer protection from hardware-failure.
The main thing to understand to ensure secure live streaming is that we must employ various techniques that work best depending on our type of content, variety of target audience as well as kind of expected threats. Regular monitoring is a must so that we can stay one step ahead of the potential threats. All data and information is precious and should be protected by all means necessary.
As we know, PHP frameworks are one of the best and most preferred frameworks for web developers all across the globe and PHP frameworks make almost 70% of all the major websites running out there like Facebook. Over the years, there have been several PHP frameworks that have been in play for the purpose of building websites and web applications like CodeIgniter, Symfony, Laravel, CakePHP, etc. They all have their individual benefits.
Laravel is one of the most widely used web technologies amongst all the PHP frameworks. Laravel enjoys such a preference over its siblings is because ever since its inception in 2011, it has been providing an easily modifiable and customizable PHP development framework, that is much favored by the various changes in requirements of any business. Laravel keep the code clutter-free, neatly organized and structured by following the MVC (Model View Controller) architecture. This enables different teams to collaborate and synchronise their work on the same project, much easily. Laravel framework also uses recycling of codes, existing elements and PHP-framework features towards making well organized web applications.
Because of its architecture, Laravel development has become the most preferred PHP framework for most businesses. Let’s look at the benefits of working with Laravel development, so that you can make an informed choice about choosing Laravel development services over others:
- Improved and enhanced performance:
The Laravel framework offers a multiple tools to the web developers to enhance the performance of the project websites, making Laravel a framework of choice for most.
- Building Powerful authentication:
Laravel framework helps the developers make the web applications with power authentication so as to restrict any unauthorized access to the resources of a project.
- Protection from security risks:
Laravel’s biggest advantage is that it offers full protection against all kinds of security threats. It ensures that the codes remain safe from hackers, protecting businesses against any security-risks arising from their systems.
- MVC structure:
Following the Model-View-Controller architecture, Laravel framework is the favorite for most developers as it helps in keeping the code well-maintained and clean, as well as maintaining a cooperative teamwork, where every member can individually work on a separate page, without affecting other pages. With this architecture, documentation is easier as well.
- Using Blade templates:
One of the key features of Laravel development, Blade templating is the practice of easily using predefined templates of the framework to code what is required. These templates in Laravel are very user-friendly, dynamic and intuitive, which is good for building robust applications. A website built with Laravel is lightweight and has high performances.
- Object-oriented libraries:
Different purposes in the process of developing a website are taken care of, by different object-oriented libraries existing in the Laravel framework. The libraries are easily usable and implementing them is easy too.
- Unit Testing:
This is a method of testing in which every component of the web app is thoroughly tested to ensure a bug-free and error-free project.
- Open-source platform with dedicated community support:
Laravel community enjoys a strong dedicated support from its developers to make the web apps more versatile in nature, as per the requirements of a project.
In view of these major benefits and also numerous other factors that help make Laravel such a preferred PHP platform, it is safe to say, Laravel development should definitely be your go-to platform for any web development services.
Java frameworks were very much popular in the year 2020 and so it will be in the year 2021. However, the top 11 frameworks of Java for 2021 are given below-
1) Angular 2+
This framework of Java is very important to learn for the developers in the year 2021. This framework is having the capability of providing a perfect client-side solution. AngularJS can also be used for creating the client side’s dynamic web pages. It helps the developers in providing end-to-end tooling, dependency injection, declarative templates, and integrated practices for solving common challenges of development on the client-side.
2) Node JS
3) Spring Boot
Previously Spring Boot was having a lot of lack in the configuration. It is very simple to write code by using this framework and it is simple like that of writing a core application of Java by using the main() method. But still, with the advancement of time, there have been many updates made and in near future, it will play an important role as it is simple and easy to use.
Bootstrap is a web framework that is front-end and open-source. It helps in designing web apps and websites. Bootstraps help in providing design templates that is CSS-based for buttons, forms, navigation, typography, and other components of the interface. Responsive web design is supported by Bootstrap and so it can be said that there is a dynamic adjustment of web pages that depends on the screen size of the web browser. This is leading by its philosophy of a mobile-first design approach.
The client-side scripting is very easy by using this jQuery framework of Java. Doing animation, sending HTTP requests, reloading pages, performing client-side validation is possible by writing a few lines of codes.
7) Spring Security 5
In the year 2021 security will be a very important factor for each and every business owner. It is very essential to update with the latest Spring Security in the year 2021. The new version of it will be having a completely new module of OAuth 2.0 and many bug fixes.
8) Apache Hadoop
In the year 2021, Big Data as well as automation will be the focus of many companies. So programmers must pay attention to technologies of Big Data like Spark and Hadoop. Large Data’s distributed processing is allowed by Apache Hadoop that sets across various computers using simple models of programming. The design of this framework is for scaling up to thousands of machines from single servers. Map reduced pattern is basically followed.
9) Apache Spark
This is also a framework for Big Data. This engine is fast and in-memory data processing with expressing and elegant development APIs. It helps in allowing data workers to execute machine learning, streaming, or workloads of SQL that needs fast access to datasets. Spark can be used for in-memory computing for machine learning, ETL, etc to Hadoop.
Xamarin can be considered to be a framework of Java that helps in developing mobile apps in a faster way with a single code base of c#. Microsoft owns this and is gaining popularity to create mobile apps for C++, C#, and C developers. Developers who already know C language can easily grab Xamarin. The best Java development company will always hire some of the developers who are experts in Xamarin.
All these 11 frameworks of Java is very important to learn for the year 2021. Many web development companies are there who will look into the matter of hiring specialists for each and every Java framework and a business owner must choose their developer wisely.
Today, we are living in an era where mobile devices took the place of a PC/Desktop. Many computer games, applications, and even a lot of websites can be now accessible on mobile phones. This increasing use of mobile phones has created an opportunity for the development of online businesses. With the inconsistent, expensive and limited network data connections, mobile internet is truly a savior in many situations. And not to forget that as mobile is handy, the internet can be accessed anywhere and anytime. This has prompted web developers to design websites that are compatible with mobile phones.
Hence, it becomes really important for the business to have a mobile-friendly website in order to expand their markets. The most important feature of any Mobile Website is that it should be simple and easy to navigate. Mobile users are looking for an experience of mobile browsing that is comparable to their desktop browsing. Here are some tips for making a good mobile website.
Tips For Designing A Mobile Website
- The content on the Mobile Website should be concise as compared to the desktop websites to make it more digestible for the mobile users. Lengthy and long texts are a put-off for the readers as they have to scroll down the page to read the whole lengthy text. The average word count of any website has to be between 70 to 110 words.
- A mobile website must contain both personalized website content and updates such as forums, articles, comments, and events, etc. The frequently changing content should be updated automatically and should also be shown in full length. This can be done with the use of RSS or XML. by setting up a direct content feed from the desktop website to the Mobile Website.
- A Mobile Website should have fewer graphics and if there are any, then they should be optimized for the mobile users. They should be of small size so that they can be downloaded easily and quickly.
- There should be very few navigation links on mobile websites and precise tuning of the navigation links should be done for mobile users. Location-based links and touch-to-call links on smartphones are very much desirable by mobile users.
- The navigation on the mobile should be fast enough with easy navigation controls. The users should be directly and quickly linked to the content of the website they are looking for, even if there are 2-3 layers to reach.
Today, it is very affordable to develop a mobile Website. In fact, nowadays most of the web designers work with a responsive site design so that it can easily fit with the present mobile trend. Hence, it would be advisable to you invest just that little extra time and money to develop a mobile Website for your business.
Cleonix Technologies is a well known Professional Web Design and Development company based in Kolkata, India. It offered services include Website Development, Logo Designing, Web Hosting, Domain Registration, SEO & PPC Services etc. To know more about its services, log on to our site .
With all the inspiration on the internet around us, it can be difficult to figure out which pieces are most important to your website. Without understanding what should be on your website, you can easily end up with a useless one that does not reflect what your business is about or achieve your goals. We’ll discuss what should not be included in your website here.
1. White Space:
White space in terms of web design is “the space between graphics, columns, images, text, margins and other elements.” It is one of the most important design tools because it dictates how a page flows and reads. Notwithstanding its name, it is important to note that white space is not always white— it is just empty. The room on a website can easily be filled with a background color or basic texture, but it’s still white space if it doesn’t have any elements on it.
2. Automatic music / sound:
Have it sounded great on a website, but there are a good time and place for all? So just avoid the auto-play videos or music that will load when the website is launched. Instead, give the option to sound or not to visitors. This way, before they even know who you are, you wouldn’t lose your visitor.
If you really need to have sound on load, make sure you have a prominently displayed’ mute’ or’ turn off sound ‘ button.
3. Splash Pages:
As splash page is a welcome or entry page that loads for your website visitors before the actual home page. These so-called’ splash pages’ are more like splashy irritating roadblocks. Most of the time, these important tourists would have preferred to click on your website link from their rivals, so why do you need to ask them again if they really want to’ pass’ your website.
4. Complex Navigation:
The navigation of your website is much like a road map; it shows the list of all your sites to your users and where to find any information. Your navigation doesn’t have to be complex, it should be easy to use and locate. If you can, keep it lean and ensure that the information in it is properly organized to allow users to maneuver it seamlessly.
If you visit a website, you didn’t have these windows popping up with ads. Visitors to the website need to see that your website does not have pop-ups thrown at them. May be having an email address just before the user leaves the site or after spending a couple of minutes on the site.
6. Big Images:
Using photos of good quality, but make sure these images are optimized for easy download. It becomes frustrating for a visitor to wait for images to be downloaded, not even knowing what they are sometimes. Make sure that all your photos have’ alt’ and’ title’ tags to let your visitors understand what each picture is about. It will also allow you to achieve better ratings of search engines.
7. Inadequately written content:
Before writing something for your website, make sure that it is well written with proper grammar usage, clear punctuation, and correct spelling. Keep the writing style in a simple, clean and concise way to instill confidence in the company.
Consumers of today access your website from their desktops and laptops, as well as from their smartphones and tablets. This checklist will help ensure that your responsive site does what it should do for your business–to increase your profits. We, Cleonix Technologies, are a web development company specialized in all web development and digital marketing strategies in Kolkata. To produce an amazing outcome, we collaborate with companies of all shapes and sizes. If you think it’s time for your company to stand out from the crowd, we can help you get started!
Optimizing a website generally involves 2 stages:
1) Planning out each web page so that the search engines can understand exactly what the content is about.
2) Obtaining links from other relevant and trusted websites back to your website.
If you can successfully complete these stages it can lead to your website ranking highly in the search engines and generating lots of free traffic and customers.
The problem with most eCommerce websites is that they can contain hundreds and possibly thousands of products yet the product descriptions tend to be very basic or simply generic product descriptions taken from a manufacturer’s brochure or website.
In order to optimize an eCommerce website successfully, you have to expand these minimal descriptions, be creative and introduce the keywords that are relevant to the products in such a way that they are informative and flow correctly. Some websites have product descriptions stuffed with keywords yet they have no logical meaning. The search engines will spot this and penalize your website.
Here are 10 eCommerce website optimization tips:
1. Create and maintain a clean and uniform site structure. The home page should promote the product categories whilst all the internal pages should follow a clear path easily understood by both search engines and customers.
2. Every product page should have a unique title. This is one of the most important areas of eCommerce website optimization. Products can be very similar but you have to try and differentiate them from one another by some unique variation.
3. Select an appropriate unique keyword for every webpage reflecting the important phrases within the webpage content.
4. Create an interesting and relevant description for each page. This description is the snippet that appears in the search engine results pages and the more interesting you make the wording the better chance you have of getting a potential customer to click through to your website.
5. Create a visible ‘Breadcrumb’ navigation structure which will enable customers to find their way through your website easily. This helps to indicate to visitors whereabouts they are in the site and offers them shortcut links to previous pages. It also improves eCommerce website optimization.
6. Optimize all images by completing the Alt tags using relevant keywords. This is the alternative text that the search engines can read as they cannot read images on their own.
You may like: Golden rules to rank your website on Google’s 1st Page
7. Generate an XML sitemap which will help the search engine robots to find and index all the webpages. If the eCommerce website has hundreds of pages you can generate and submit multiple sitemaps.
8. Submit your site manually to SEO friendly directories. Filling in the submission forms manually and carefully helps to make the directory administrators job an easier one and hopefully approve a link to your site.
9. Submit quality articles with titles and content relevant to your website and keywords to article directories and social bookmarking sites. Article submission is an important part of eCommerce website optimization as it is one of the quickest ways of gaining high-quality backlinks. Submit the article URL’s to do follow bookmarking sites. You need to select the do to follow bookmarking sites and submit the URL to them.
10. Monitor the success of your eCommerce website optimization with a good analytics tool. There are some excellent free analytics tools available but if you have a particularly large site you may have to spend some money on a paid version. You can track and analyze visitor behavior with a good analytics tool.
By putting the above tips into practice you can help to strengthen your eCommerce website optimization and improve its rankings in search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Image compression reduces the size of graphics file bytes without increasing the image quality to an unacceptable level. The increasing file size makes it possible to store more images in a given amount of disk or memory space. It also reduces the time required to send images over the internet or download them from web pages. Here we will analyze the plugin for WordPress image compressor.
1. Smush Image compressor:
This is the best plugin for WordPress compressor image. Any kind of images uploaded by the client can compress this plugin automatically. And also include bulk optimization options that allow you to tackle multiple tasks at one time, this bulk feature in the free version of the plugin is restricted to only 50 files at a time.
2. EWWW image compressor:
This image plugin of the WordPress compressor has up to 700 K Active users. Any type of images you upload to your blog will be automatically optimized upon installation and setup as long as they are either JPG, PNG or GIF files. It also provides a section to customize the site’s entire media collection for bulky pictures.
3. ShortPixel Image:
This is the most popular WordPress compressor image plugin. It also packs a nice interface after each jpeg, png and giving you upload is automatically configured after downloading and triggering the plugin. Short pixel allows you to choose between compression methods that are lossless. It optimizes all WordPress photo thumbnails. It can set the maximum resolution for your images, save a backup of each image you upload to a new folder automatically.
Easily use this free plugin to compact the media library. It has lossy compression methods that greatly reduce file sizes while preserving the image quality mostly. In its setup tab, this plug-in does not provide many configuration options as you can not change the compression it uses. But, when it comes to the optimization process, you can choose maximum resolutions for your uploaded images.
This plugin has, on the photos you can view, a rather stifling 100 KB file size limit that essentially makes it a glorified demo. Generally speaking, you’re trying to get a hundred KB of non-size down, but it works really well and it’s easy, but it’s essentially a premium plugin.
Hopefully, you’ve found this list of best compression plugins for WordPress images useful. Cleonix Technologies provides a range of web development services in Kolkata. We have an expert team of web designers & web developers, you achieve your goals.
About the author