Site migration can be a daunting task, but it is a necessary one if you want to keep your website up-to-date, improve its performance, or change its hosting provider. However, if not done correctly, it can lead to a host of problems, including traffic loss, broken links, and lower search engine rankings. Therefore, it’s essential to take proper care during the migration process to ensure that everything goes smoothly. In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the important steps you should take to ensure a successful site migration.
- Plan the migration carefully: Before starting the migration process, it’s important to plan everything carefully. This includes setting a migration date, creating a backup of your existing site, selecting a new hosting provider, and creating a migration plan.
- Test the new site before going live: Before you make your new site live, it’s crucial to test it thoroughly. This will help you identify any issues or bugs and fix them before your audience sees them. Testing includes checking for broken links, page speed, and mobile-friendliness, among other things.
- Redirect old URLs to new ones: During the migration process, the URLs of your pages may change. Therefore, it’s important to set up redirects to ensure that visitors who click on the old URLs are directed to the new ones. This will also help you retain your search engine rankings for those pages.
- Update internal links: After the migration, you’ll need to update internal links on your website to point to the new URLs. This will help visitors navigate your site and ensure that search engines can crawl your site effectively.
- Update external links: If your site has external links, such as backlinks from other websites, you’ll need to update them as well. This will help ensure that the links continue to work and that you retain any SEO value from those links.
- Notify search engines of the migration: Once your new site is live, it’s important to notify search engines of the migration. This can be done by submitting a sitemap or using Google Search Console to inform Google of the changes.
- Monitor traffic and rankings: After the migration, it’s important to monitor your website’s traffic and search engine rankings closely. This will help you identify any issues that may arise and take action to fix them.
- Address any issues promptly: If you notice any issues after the migration, such as broken links or a drop in search engine rankings, it’s important to address them promptly. This will help you maintain the integrity of your website and ensure that it continues to perform well.
- Communicate with your audience: Finally, it’s important to communicate with your audience about the migration. Let them know why you’re making the changes and how it will benefit them. This will help build trust and ensure that they continue to visit your site.
In conclusion, site migration can be a complicated process, but with proper planning and execution, it can be a success. By following the steps outlined above, you can ensure that your site migration is smooth, and your website continues to perform well. Remember to test thoroughly, update your URLs, notify search engines, and monitor your traffic and rankings to ensure that your website stays on top.
ALSO READ: Everything You Need To Know About Virtual Private Network (VPN)
In the recent years, there have been a huge increase in the the number of small businesses. Particularly after the COVID-19 period, when many people lost their jobs due to the worldwide lock down but successfully shifted to starting their own businesses, be it a online or offline business. With the rise of so many businesses, naturally the competition has also grown. With tough competition, it is necessary for small business owners to be equipped with each and every tool and facility needed to take their business to the next level, to help them grow. Owning a business website is one such feat.
In today’s modern world, where almost every people, all over the world, has access to the internet or the World Wide Web, it is very important for businesses to have a website. A website genuinely helps businesses to reach out to the mass and easily convey the purpose of your business and information about its services or products. According to SCORE reports, around 97% of people search for a product or service before taking the buying decision. So, if your business does not have a website, you are missing out on huge number of potential customers.
Let us discuss in details how a website helps small businesses to grow in different ways:-
Building Customer Base
Gone are the days when people used to roam the markets, go to different stores looking for products. Today, most people search the internet through their phones or computers, constantly looking for new products or services. A website enables your business to be found online. It generates web traffic, conveying information about your business and its services or products to potential customers. The more people know about your business, the more potential your business have of attracting more and more customers.
Now-a-days, most people do not trust a business without a website. It has become a habit of people to check out a particular product or service over the internet before indulging in it. A website allows people to gain knowledge about your business and its purpose thus creating credibility. As people starts to trust your business, they will be genuinely interested in your products or services. Many businesses have only social media pages and it helps upto a certain level, but having a website really makes a difference in building trust and a loyal customer base.
Cost Efficient Advertising
Many small businesses or new start-ups are tight on budget so they can not spend much on the different forms of advertising like posters, hoardings, billboards, TV advertising, etc, and without proper advertising, your business won’t reach much people and won’t grow. A website helps to save cost on advertising. You can add as much details as you want in your website, without any kind of budgetary constraint, which would help people to know more about your business. The information can be accessed by anyone – anywhere, anytime.
Apart from helping your business to reach more people, a website also gives you the option of making online sales. With a website, you are no longer restricted to making sales only from your physical store. There may be potential customers who are interested in buying your product or service but they are not being able to do so because of the physical distance between them and your place of operation. If you provide the option of online purchase through your website, it has the potential of doubling your sales which will result in your business growth.
According to various reports, most people, now-a-days, go on the internet and research before making a purchasing decision. They want to be informed about which product to buy and from where to buy. Without a proper website, providing such information about your business, you are at a disadvantage. If you have a direct competitor who has a website and is using it in their marketing strategy, you will lose all your potential customers to them. Having a solid, cutting-edge website will help you to be at an advantage over your competition.
With everything said, you must understand that a website development is very essential for any kind business to survive and grow in today’s online competitive business market. A website helps to put your business on the map, letting people know that you exist. Small businesses should absolutely host their own websites if they want to grow.
ALSO READ: How Web Design and Development Can Amplify Your Business?
If you are an active user of the internet or even fairly frequent on the internet, one term must have come across many a times- VPN. But most people go on about their regular internet usages without putting much thought into what a “VPN” is, like several other tech-savvy jargon they hear and ignore on a daily basis. Let’s change that and take a look at what is a VPN and what is it all about.
A Virtual Private Network or VPN for short, is meant for the particular purpose of securely extending a network from one private location and enabling its users to connect to other networks securely. What are the most common utilities that come with a VPN? Let’s take a look at few instances that are actually quite common and relatable nowadays. We know about the often imposed internet censorship in different regions in the world where authorities restrict the access to certain contents or/and websites. Or that “rumour” that the government is always tracking everyone’s browsing activity or the fact that there is actually a threat to privacy invasion from random people looking to exploit. Well, a VPN can help you in all these instances and more. It’s no surprise the VPN market is on the way to grow bigger and bigger.
Read also: Advantages of using LESS
So, let’s have a look at some more benefits that a Virtual Private Network offers:-
- Maintaining privacy and anonymity from ISPs- Internet service providers are pretty keen on tracking their subscribed customers to try and monetize on the browsing patterns by various means such as targeted advertisement, etc. These providers also tend to sell this data to third-parties who can further misuse this information. Using a VPN, such invasion of privacy can be avoided.
- Accessing shopping websites from different regions- The VPN can allows you to access shopping websites, which are otherwise inaccessible due to region-based restrictions.
- Staying protected in public wi-fi- We all often tend to connect to the free wi-fi at public places like hotels, restaurants, shopping malls, railway stations, etc. But in doing so, we are actually getting connected to an unsafe network where we are exposed and so is our private data and credentials. A VPN comes handy at such times by masking our identity, making us anonymous and keeping our personal data private and unexposed.
- Prevention from hackers- As we discussed already, VPN masks the IP address and hence the identity of an individual connected to a certain network. Hence, any hacker trying to target your network via your IP address will be thrown off as they simply can’t reach your home network.
Read also: Use of blockquote in HTML
To sum it up, a VPN has a lot of pros as it provides us with a secure encrypted network, disguises our location data, helps in accessing region-restricted content and also secure data transfer to prevent any confidential data leaks. Although there are numerous VPN services available today, but like every other technology, some are good, some bad and some ugly. So, one should do their fair share of research and use the right VPN for enjoying all the benefits of a VPN without compromising with the security.
We all know how important it is to have a website that has a super-fast loading speed. In today’s world, where everything has come within our finger’s reach by the means of technology and its use of the internet, websites are basically acting as the channels or portals to another realm, where sits the products, services or information that one seeks to find. It is that easy for the end-user to look-up something they need over the internet and access it that much easily. A process that is almost entirely hassle-free!
Except, when they click on a website, it starts to load, and within the extra few seconds that the site might have taken to load, the consumer will almost certainly change their minds about purchasing a product or purchasing it from the same website. Now, if you have a website, you certainly will not want this to happen. Hence, speed of a website is considered as one of the most crucial factors that any business or individual needs to pay attention to.
An optimum loading speed for a website is considered to be within 1 second. Between 1 to 3 seconds, it is considered as an average speed and any longer than that, and the website tends to lose on its visitors’ attention and hence, chances of conversions. That causes such a direct loss to the revenue generation for any business that conducts sales and business via the online medium (i.e. e-commerce websites). Obviously, this needs to be taken care of with a lot of website optimization work. So, what all can be done to make sure a website is running at its optimum speed? Let’s have a look:
• Using an optimized server hosting: Hosting style of the server plays a very crucial role in determining the speed of the website and hence should always be optimized as per the requirements of the site.
• Utilizing the browser’s cache: Whenever possible, when the browser cache is utilized to access resources, the website always loads faster as the browser isn’t required to find the resources from the original source, hence making it a faster process.
• GZIP compression: A golden rule is to use GZIP compression to reduce the file size by 70%. As the reduced file size is easier to transfer from the server to the browser, the website speed is increased significantly.
• Using a CDN: CDN (or a Content Delivery Network) works to deliver content more efficiently to the users as it is a collection of web servers present across multiple locations. For this, the servers with the quickest response time or lowest network hops are selected to deliver the content, from the closest location, hence speeding up the process.
Read Also:- What should not be included on your website?
• Identifying and removing unnecessary items: Often a website has a lot of installed software and modules that might not be even needed any more. Configuration of the MySQL to decrease the cache size frees up a lot of space. Also, Apache configuration can be done to disable modules that are not required.
• Reducing re-directs: Redirects from one URL to another lead to extra HTTP requests and hence slows down the website by causing increased latency. Hence, it is very necessary to limit the redirects.
• Image optimization: You should make sure the images on your website are optimized so that they are cropped down to the smallest size possible without affecting the quality, saved using the JPEG format and have valid src attributes added to them.
• Avoid query strings from static resources: As any link with “?” in the URL will not be cached, any static URL should avoid using query strings. They can be used for the dynamic sources on the website.
• Code optimization: The code should be properly optimized to remove any kind of extra spaces, blanks or HTML comments.
While these are some of the most common and useful tips to speed up a website, there can be a lot many approaches when it comes to optimizing the website to achieve its optimum speed. Hence, it’s a task best left for experts who can properly backup the existing website and then optimize it element by element to get you the desired results.
Read Also: SEO tips & tricks to better optimize Your Website
The website matters a lot as it is something that will be responsible to a large extent for drawing up the attention of new potential clients and customers. Once your website is down you should know your business has to pay a huge toll as it is going to start its downward journey now. Be that the case won’t you want your website to be built by some professional hand so that you can have the best ever possible design for your website? The best Web Design Company in Kolkata here can deliver you the finest websites, designed according to your requirements.
All you need to do is deliver your long-term visions and goals that you have planned up for your business and professionals out here have gathered years of experience in turning those visions and goals into some charismatic representation through your website. Clients and customers are bound to love the site at the first glance, and that is what matters the most. Once they have liked your site, there is most probably that they ultimately become your regular customers and prove to be reliable clients.
You can experience real success in turning your visions into well-represented goals. The works already done by professionals will portray a clear idea about the expertise and skill that is put into every new website to be designed. All high design features and the latest web designing technologies will be incorporated in every site that will be designed by professionals
You can also get help over a few other kinds of services. Services provided overall are Website Design, Web Development, Mobile Apps Development, E-Commerce solutions, Identity Design, Brand and Design Strategy, Print and Publishing Design, SEO & PPC, Concept Development, and Art Direction.
Also in these cases, another point of concern is affordability. It is absolutely not desirable for anyone to invest a huge amount in designing a new website. This is the place where you can hire expert professionals for designing your website at affordable and reasonable prices. You can relax totally after you have handed over the responsibility of building up your website to some expert hands out here.
Cleonix Technologies is the ideal place where you can hire expert professionals for designing your website at affordable and reasonable prices. To know more about our services then click here:- https://www.cleonix.com/services
About the author