The word parallax comes from the Greek word παράλλαξις (parallaxis), meaning “alteration”.Parallax scrolling is a technique in web design,which allows the foreground and background content to scroll at different speeds. It creats an illusion of depth in a 2D scene and adding to the immersion. This effect has been gaining popularity on websites for a couple of years.But before using this we must go through it’s advantages & disadvantages.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Parallax Scrolling
- It has the ability to create an interactive user experience that is vivid and catchy.Floating images will significantly freshen up and enrich the appearance of a page.
- We can put all the contents on one page so that users do not have to navigate through several different pages or wait for them to load.That is making a single page website using parallax.
- Not only for two-dimensional effect creation but also adding different effects to the page such as icon moving, icon enlargement and minimization based on scrolling.
- As sites that utilize parallax scrolling tend to be made up of one page, there’s usually little in the way of content that can be crawled by the search engines.That means it is responsible for bad seo.
- Parallax Scrolling is not as perfect in mobile versions.